SAS, anticorrosive protection
- Olga Klavdievna Lepakova, Senior Researcher, PhD ( Klavdievna.K@yandex.ru ).
- Alexander Mikhailovich Shulpekov, Senior Researcher, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Composite materials based on MAX phases in the Ti-Cr-Al-C system for corrosion- and wear-resistant coatings with extended temperature range from -50 to +300 C have been developed. The coatings have been successfully tested for resistance to fresh and sea water under increased temperature conditions. Depending on the composition, coatings can additionally possess electrically conductive or dielectric properties, high thermal conductivity, resistance to abrasion. Coatings can have a wide range of colors. Coatings are applied by any of the methods used to obtain traditional paint coatings.
Materials based on MAX phases are considered to be promising for application:
- in power engineering, aviation, astronautics, electrical engineering
- as refractory materials and heating elements, high-temperature gas burner nozzles
- as radiation-resistant materials
- for anti-explosive gas sensors in mines, corrosion-resistant filters, friction components of submersible pumps, liquid fuel nozzles, components and blades of gas turbines, abrasion-resistant units and parts of chemical equipment
- for heat exchangers, electric contactors, etc.